Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award



Thanks Mrs. Fuzz from A Police Wife for passing along the Honest Scrap Award. In order to accept the Honest Scrap Award you must list 10 honest things about yourself and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers.

Since I've been absent, which is equivalent to extremely busy and no time for ME, I thought I would go ahead and give ya'll some honest feedback.

1)  I am attending an E-Learning Symposium in Houston on Thursday.  It's a quick trip as I fly out on Wednesday and come home late Thursday night.  Well, and here's my honesty....I have never driven to the airport.  I usually will go with family or take the Shuttle.  I really dislike driving in traffic and the Shuttle won't be available to pick me up Thursday night...so I have to drive myself...Have you been to Phoenix lately? It's like driving in L.A. Lord, let me get through this!

2)  I dislike driving in large cities...in fact, I don't do it! (unless I have too) ;(  But, I will visit my brother and sister-in-law and have that route down pat!  I think this derives from my father passing away in a car accident when I was 12. Yes, that must be it!  I could be a psychologist.

3)  I use to pride myself and being clean and organized.  Since having kids, that has all gone down the drain...look what they do to me..all their art supplies...stuffed in tupperware bins..you should see my kitchen drawers...yikes!




 
4)  I was the Sophomore Homecoming Queen in college. It poured down raining in the float and at the football game.  I was wearing a purple suit..again...yikes!  What was I thinking?
 
5)  I have no patience for complainers.  Everybody has their story, so let's make it a positive experience.  Now sarcasm if a different case.  Sarcasm can be funny.
 
6)  I'm a bit insensitive when it comes to beggers on the street.  Again we all make choices to where we are today.  There are people that work hard and have mulitple jobs just to get by.  Plus, I listen to the types of people my husband has to deal with on a daily basis, and the "common people" will never understand.  Some of these people are the ones who put my husband in harms way. Ouch...did I say that out loud???
 
7) I'd rather read a book than watch a movie; however, I am a bit obsessed by the whole Jon and Kate Gosselin drama, but I haven't even really been able to keep up with that.
 
8)  I dislike talking on the phone. 
 
9)  As you can tell from the title of my blog...I would give anything for time away...at the beach..ocean...somewhere with sunshine and water, a cold beverage..perhaps an icy beer or fruity rum drink...and a good book...now that's the life....BUT...
 
10)  I would give anything to make sure my kids are healthy and happy. They mean the world to me, and even through all the sibling rivalry, fussiness, whining, strong willed personalities...I wouldn't change a thing.  And, I think my kids are the greatest in the world.
 
This kept them entertained for an hour this weekend!
 


Remember how easy life can be!!



Watch it through the eyes of a child and it will give you perspective.

3 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on #3, #5, #8, #9 and #10.

    It was fun to read your 10 things. Thanks for doing it. I like seeing what makes us different or the same when reading these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying reading your blog, but I have to stand up for "beggers." I realize most of them aren't saints, but 75-90% of the homeless have some type of mental illness. If our community did a better job of helping those with mental illnesses your husband wouldn't have to deal with them quite as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh JJ..that's why we all are entitled to our opinion. We all make choices that guide us in this path called life...still love ya!

    ReplyDelete