Monday, December 7, 2009

Framing the Future

This past October, I was an integral part of my children's first school fundraiser.  Now, I'm pretty proud of the laboratory school where my children go, as it is one of the highest quality 3 months - 5 year schools around!  We held a fundraiser where we brought in over $20,000.  Not bad for the first fundraiser we ever did.  Our event was called, Framing the Future.  We took the children's artwork and had a silent auction on the artwork which went over well.

So, on Friday, I picked up my 2 1/2 year old daughter with numerous painting projects that she did that day.  Now, I have a tupper ware bin for my son and daughter, where I put the "good" projects...all the others get tossed, or to be environmental friendly, ahem...recycled.  But, I saw these 6 paintings and they were pretty great!



And well, I got an idea for a lovely last minute gift for my family.

I went to Michael's and bought five 5 x 7 frames (on sale for $3.49 each).  Then I bought five framed mattes (is that the right word for $1.49 each).




I also purchased these cute little heart and flower shaped buttons to glue on to the frame after I was done.

It took me a few minutes as I framed the pictures just perfectly and cut them out.



I cut out the picture and added it to the frame.



I added the cute little buttons as the last touch, and call it, "Designs by JoJo 2009".



I am very impressed with my creative skills, as I thought I lost touch with my inner self.

Hubby came home from work at 7:30 AM this morning and was quite impressed with my creations.  I think I have a budding little artist on my hands.  A gift with a personal touch.....Happy Holidays Ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment