Monday, February 22, 2010

There's Always Someone Watching Over Us

There's a benefit tonight throughout all the Texas Roadhouses across Arizona "In Honor of our Fallen Officers" including Lt. Eric Shuhandler of the Gilbert Police Department.

I was a little upset because I teach on Monday nights, so I wouldn't be able to join my husband and our two kids for this benefit.  His squad's spouses and kids were all going and I felt bad, because I couldn't just cancel class. It's not my style.  I have a responsibility and need to be there.

So, as I woke up this morning and let out the dogs, I saw a sleeting rain come down, then turn into snow.  I got the kids ready for school as the snow kept coming down..yeah it's supposed to subside this afternoon.  So, what comes in my work email, "All evening classes (after 4 pm) at all campuses are canceled due to inclement weather."

Now, I was raised Catholic and always believed there is a higher being above us.  I may not go to Church or even say my prayers, but I believe in the golden rule, have a deep empathy for those around me, and know good things will come to those who believe.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this police community for one evening.  God bless our fallen officers, not only in Arizona, but all across the U.S.

1 comment: